If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (270) 580-2200

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Candle Fire in Bedroom

2/28/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Candle Fire in Bedroom Blow out candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.

Candles may be pretty to look at but they are a cause of home fires - and home fire deaths. Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn.

Facts:
* December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
* Roughly one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom.
* More than half of all candle fires start when things that can burn are too close to the candle!

Candles and Kids:
* Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle.
* Keep matches and lighters up high and out of children's reach.

Candles are pretty and smell good, but think about using flameless candles, they look and smell like the real thing!

Be safe!

If something should happen, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Breckinridge, Grayson, Meade, and Hancock Counties at 270-580-2200 for assistance. We will make it "Like it never even happened."

Other News

View Recent Posts