Candle Fire in Bedroom
Candles may be pretty to look at but they are a cause of home fires - and home fire deaths. Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn.
* December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
* Roughly one-third of home candle fires start in the bedroom.
* More than half of all candle fires start when things that can burn are too close to the candle!
Candles and Kids:
* Never leave a child alone in a room with a burning candle.
* Keep matches and lighters up high and out of children's reach.
Candles are pretty and smell good, but think about using flameless candles, they look and smell like the real thing!
If something should happen, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Breckinridge, Grayson, Meade, and Hancock Counties at 270-580-2200 for assistance. We will make it "Like it never even happened."